|Image from NZ Herald|
Hard to write when I'm this distracted.
Hard to think when I'm this distracted.
Hard to bake when I'm this distracted. (But I can't blame the earthquake for getting an order wrong - sorry Heather!).
Imagine what it must be like for the people down in Christchurch right now, if I'm this distracted up in Auckland just watching the events unfolding on the tv.
I spent yesterday with my hand clasped over my mouth quite often. Tears weren't far away.
We are lucky that friends and family down there are safe, but its not the case for others. I'm praying for friends and family of friends who are trapped still. Or just missing in action.
As a small country we seem to be connected so easily. I think everyone knew someone who had been involved in Lord of the Rings somehow, and sadly it seems to be the case in this tragedy.
We all have an vested interest in what is happening. This is our country, our people.
I still can't believe what I'm seeing.
Check out this quake map. It shows powerfully what hit the region yesterday.
If you are feeling as helpless as me here's some places you can do something to assist:
- Phone 0900 33 200 to make an automatic $20 donation
- FreeTXT 'QUAKE' to 555 to donate $5 or FreeTXT 'QUAKE' to 333 to donate $3 from any Vodafone mobile
- Donate online at http://redcross.org.nz/
- Donate in person at any branch of NZ Post, Kiwibank, ANZ, National Bank, ASB, TSB and BNZ across New Zealand.
- Mail a cheque (made payable to New Zealand Red Cross) to: Canterbury Earthquake Appeal, Freepost 232690, PO Box 12-140, Thorndon, Wellington 6144.
- Donate online to ASB
- Christchurch is also without water so there is Water for Christchurch Charity set up on Facebook. Click here for details.