08 June 2010

Chemo Round Two




Today I went in for my second dose of chemo. I think I did relatively well on the first dose. In terms of side effects they weren't as bad as I was expecting. No nausea and vomiting, just extreme tiredness which to be honest hasn't really improved an awful lot!
But I was a bit nervous going in today, despite the fact my blood levels were good, my liver function was good (after showing signs of change during the first chemo, so that needed to be monitored. I don't want liver failure!)
Today's dose of Herceptin only took 1/2 hour instead of an hour and a half so I was out of there just after 1pm after going in at 10.30am, so it wasn't ages. Just very busy after a long weekend break. But I am very tired and a bit pale so its going to be an early night for me tonight.

While I was in my gorgeous Auntie Ruth came up from her ward to visit me. She has gone through the ringer herself recently after suffering a stroke from a brain tumour. She is so amazing and we had a good laugh at ourselves today!


Here's the nurse I had today, Georgia, who was so lovely. All the staff are so amazing and easy to chat and laugh with. They certainly know how to make it easy.

Then afterwards Owen and I took a walk in the Domain, going through the Winter Botanical Garden. I may or may not confirm that Owen might have pinched a chilli pepper that claimed to be the worlds hottest chilli (Owen said yum!) which is the size of a pea.


Now its time for drugs and bed! Look at this lineup.

This why my gag reflex kicks in.

No comments: