27 August 2010

Green tea and almond cookies

Yes I know. These. AGAIN.


I have really really been wanting to try these with green tea powder since Dean criticised me not using it on NZHHB. A girlfriend of mine bought some back from her trip to Vietnam recently, so here was my chance to use it. This time I've dipped them in chocolate and coconut. YUM!

The flavour was subtle once baked and I love the colour! I can't wait to try out some more recipes.


Coincidentally the 2nd season of filming for the show starts today. Good luck to the contestants!

4 comments:

sprogstitch said...

Mon - they look fantastic, sure they taste that way.

Heather Baird said...

Those are beautiful! I adore Matcha...

Sophie said...

I love how you've photographed them. Green gorgeousness!! Never heard of green tea powder! Intriguing.

Johnny said...

Thanks guys, Heather I hope you won't mind me looking up your green tea recipes and trying them out. I'm so excited to try this as I've had such trouble finding matcha here. It's about $20 for a 30 gram pot.

Sophie, you will probably have more luck where you are - in an Asian food shop I'd say if you wanted to give it a go. It'll be cheaper in Oz than here...