06 October 2011

A post about more lemons...this time with lime and coconut


Lemon. Lime. Coconut. In my head the combination summons up images of summer, long cool drinks on the  deck in the balmy evening with that slight tinge of sunburn on the cheeks. A sunny feel-good trio of flavours.
This cupcake is moist, tangy, sweet and so satisfying.


Lemon, Lime and Coconut Cupcakes

1 1/4 cup plain flour
3 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
Rind and juice of 1 lemon
3 tablespoons melted butter
2 tablespoons milk
1/2 cup dessicated coconut
2 teaspoons baking powder

Combine all ingredients except baking powder in bowl and mix on high for 3 minutes. Add baking powder when light and creamy and mix to combine. Pour into 15 cupcake cases and bake for 15 mins on 160deg C or until springs back when you touch. Set aside to cool.

Once cool fill with lime curd and top with buttercream from this recipe here - instead of peanut butter I used a pina colada flavouring. Sprinkle with toasted coconut.

Your friends will love you for this one!!



5 comments:

PaisleyJade said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!! Drooling every day as I visit here with all the amazing and delicious recipes!!

Rebecca said...

Oh my goodness, I'm drooling too!!!

Leonie said...

0h Mon, these look absolutely delicious, my FAVE food combinations!!!

Tall Pipi said...

Mmm I too am drooling! Literally!

Simoney said...

Oh you are making me cry!
my mouth is watering!
next bloggy meetup MUST be at your house!!!!
Please?
With these muffins and some of that peanut buttercream too???
please say it may be so.
I will sleep happy.
SO missing my bloggy girlfreinds and will be in serious need of a meetup when I get back in the country. Don't care if its just me and you either!