15 September 2013

5 Years

I just realised today that I've been blogging at this address for 5 years this month.

I popped back and had a look today at my very first post and it makes me squirm. I'm almost too embarrassed to link to it! But as a kinda very lame blog birthday present here it is... It consists of a VERY average photo of a packet mix I did with the kids.
It's cute but I took my photos with a point and shoot and I had no idea what I was doing except that I wanted some place to show my small but meaningful (for the kids anyway) efforts. Wow, what a long way we've all come. Haha.

Now some bloggers with lots of sponsors and time to organise do amazing giveaways and awesome stuff for their blogaversaries (I kinda really dislike that word) but I'm afraid I've got nothing for you, except to say thank you. It's quite humbling to think that people like what I do, make, see and create. As well as all the cheerleaders and the sense of community that blogging brings, I've made friends with fellow bakers, photographers, mothers, and breast cancer survivors that also blog. I've even been lucky enough to have met and become friends with some of them in real life not just online. I've been given an outlet to my creativity while keeping my family in the loop of our life, especially during tough times. Not trying to blow my own trumpet, but you can see how far I've come since that first blog entry as without this outlet I would have never entered "that baking competition", had recipes published, had photos reproduced in books, submitted and had published magazine articles, published a book or most important to me, be a voice for breast cancer.
Maybe one day someone might pay me for it?

Simply I want to say thanks, and I'll just keep on doing what I'm doing. I love this place. I hope you do too.

xx


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

6 comments:

Leonie said...

Congrats Monica! And heres to many more inspirational posts and years :)

Sammy said...

I love your space Mon, keep doing what you are doing, it's pretty special x

Miriam said...

good for you!! you are a very important and beautiful voice xx

jacksta said...

love you and the blog.
The world is a better place with you still in it :)

Hootnz said...

5 years wow! I love keeping up with all that you and your family are doing and the delicious mouth watering photos and recipes are an added bonus too!

Jaz from Treacy Family said...

Agree completely with Jacksta....the world is a far better place with you here. Love dropping in. Keep it up Mon xx