03 October 2008

Hmmm scones...


Now one of my favourite things to do is eat chocolate. Failing that...scones. With jam and cream. I spent today with my lovely friend Claire and she made scones. Delicious scones. With jam and cream. And they were put up nice and high for the adults only to eat while the kids scoffed away in the carpeted (eek!) lounge with chocolate fingers and sausage rolls. Sorry about the mess Claire! Ooops. Anyway all washed down with a dip in the resort like pool and spa. Blissful afternoon and only a touch of sunburn. Too good.
A great discovery was made a wee while back while browsing the supermarket aisles. After being recommended the Sweet Muffin Mix packet by a friend I also discovered the Scone Mix. The Edmonds seems to be the best. All you have to do is add water!!! ITS TOO EASY! They come out fluffy and delicious and you get about 3 batches out of one packet so it will last for the next time you entertain (I only bring out the scones when entertaining because its too expensive to waste cream on my kids). Another tip from a friend for making scones is to use 3 cups of self raising flour with 300ml cream, mix it up, cut it up and voila! I haven't tried that one yet so watch this blogspace...

No comments: