03 December 2009

Christmas Goodies - Part 1




Ahhh Christmas time. That time of year when its humid and wet, the house smells like burnt gingerbread and everyone is so ready for a holiday. Don't ya love it? I do! I love chucking on the Christmas CD and playing it everyday so that when Christmas is over, then everyone is really really happy to not hear it again.

I also love the baking, and all the rich yummy things you can make (and eat!). Its a great family time and one of those occasions where getting all the kids involved from decorating the tree (which I sneak in and "touch up" when they're asleep) to making presents, baking, making more decorations is so lovely, fulfilling, special and creates a tradition of its own.

First up this year: Mini Coffee Soaked Fruit and Chocolate Cakes and then some Ginger and Nut Cookies. These are the gifts I'm making with the help of the girls for their teachers and assorted loved ones. Last year it was decorated cookies in a box but I'd like to try something a bit different.

We also got our first perfect looking strawberries growing in the garden that hadn't been attacked first by the birds. Before now they had been pathetic looking berries without much appeal.




If you are interested in any of these...let me know!

1 comment:

Kiwicakes said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that sneaks up to fix the tree.