31 January 2010

Delissilinks

These are some cool cakes from the 2009 Oklahoma State Sugar Art Show. More pics can be found at this website at Cake Central. I'm guessing the requirements were to do a cake on a sea theme. Check out these ones, which stood out for me. Click on them to get a larger image.

I love the colours and the contrast of this one with the black, as well as the detail.

This cake came 1st runner up. I think the cake layout itself not for me but the details on the mermaids are incredible! See below:

Ahhhmazing. Beautiful. Can you believe its fondant?


I like the simplicity and contrast of this one.


Again I don't think this is something I would ever want myself but the talent is just so great. The royal icing, fondant and the ability to make those 3D fish windows. I would love to know how long that all took.


The colours on this are great.

I wish I was that confident and skilled to blow everyones mind with detail, but I think I'm too impatient for that!

1 comment:

Kiwicakes said...

Just as well your wee one didn't see these prior to her sea themed party!.
Mine start back at school tommorrow. Do yours?.
Just a heads up, I just loaded a competition to the KC blog - expecting you to enter ;o).
Countdown is on for Thursday, only 3 sleeps to go YEEHA!