30 March 2012

2 years - I've made it!

Two years ago today, just before Easter I was diagnosed with breast cancer.
It was a pretty hairy scary diagnosis too. My diagnosis was Grade 3, Stage 3 Her2+ breast cancer. If I got through the first two years without a reoccurence then I was beating some pretty high odds.

Well... I'm still here. 18 weeks of chemotherapy, 25 rounds radiation and 52 weeks of Herceptin and 7 months (so far) of Neratinib later I'm still here. And life is good!!


Two years!! This is massive for me. Its a real mental game sometimes. Next stop. 3 years, then 4, then 5 and the oncology people won't want to see me anymore!

Bring on the weekend. I think this time it calls for some bubbles!



1st chemo - looking perky cos I had no idea what was going to happen to me.




Middle of chemo
Towards the end of chemo

After radiation treatment
More recently...with some of my favourite girls.

And also just to say thank you to all our friend and family.
We as a family wouldn't be the same without love and support from so many people.

10 comments:

Pamela said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you to hit this milestone!!! Your "new" hair looks amazing!

Weza said...

that is awesome. you must just be so stocked. enjoy those bubbles and time with your loved ones. xxx

Anonymous said...

Well done, your post brought a tear to my eye! here's to many many more celebrations in your LONG life!!xx

jacksta said...

♥ you are a walking miracle!
bless ya heaps and enjoy the bubbles!

Sammy said...

Congrats Mon! So happy for you!
P.S. Found Little & Friday today. OH MY GOSH! I thought I had died and gone to baking heaven...!

Jaz from Treacy Family said...

WELL DONE MON!!!!!!!!! Sending lots of love your way!!! Best wishes for another many many years ahead!!xx

Simoney said...

YAY MON!!!!
Enjoy the bubbles, you deserve them
So happy for you
xxx

PaisleyJade said...

So awesome Mon!! You inspire me and many others. xoxo

Kathryn said...

Congrats!!! That is really something to celebrate.

Miriam said...

YAY!!! Congratulations to you. A long 2 years I imagine but you have done it all. Well done. I look forward to the 3,4,5 year posts!