13 January 2010

Home made Pizza


Home made pizza bases beat store bought hands down, any day.


I was given a bread maker by my mother in law a few years back and I can't live without it. It makes making bread so much easier basically because I'm lazy busy and love to chuck all the ingredients in and walk away until the beeper sounds! This is my recipe for bread maker pizza dough, which the kids all love and is a regular feature in the weekends.


Pizza Dough

¾ cup water

2 tablespoons oil

2 cups high grade flour

½ teaspoon sugar

½ teaspoon salt

1 ½ teaspoons yeast

Add water & oil first, add dry ingredients then make a well and add the yeast.


Put pan in bread maker and put on dough setting.


If you want more dough for bigger or more pizzas then double the amount.

When done leave the dough in the bread maker for about ½ hr-40mins, when it’s risen I usually knead it and roll it to shape then add the toppings and cook. It takes about 20mins in a 180 deg Celsius oven.





No comments: